1) Lecture on preaching
Led by Rev. Carl for a half hour to explain how to make a sermon from a weekly given Bible text (Hand-outs will be given to trainees weekly). Rev. Carl is an excellent and gospel-centred enthusiastic preacher who studied at Oxford University and was trained in the Church of England.
2) Preaching Practice for the first period (three months)
- Reading out the prepared sermon paper before the three pastors,
- After reading out it evaluation and correction of pronunciation, grammar and contents will be given to him,
- Each trainee is prepared to read out his sermon paper 10 times every day.
3) Preaching practice for the second period (three months)
- Reading out the prepared sermon paper by a half-looking and half-memorising way,
- After the practice the same evaluation and correction will be given to him,
- The same preparation of reading out his sermon 10 times every day should be required.
4) Preaching practice for the third period (three months)
- Speaking out the prepared the sermon without looking at his paper at all,
- After the practice the evaluation will be given to him,
- He is prepared to memorise his sermon before the practice
5) Elementary Level on Preaching School
- Self-preparation on a 5 minutes sermon on the weekly given Bible text within a piece of A4 paper for the first, second and third period (from 9 months to a year)
6) Upper Level on preaching school
- Self-preparation on a 20-25 minutes sermon on the weekly given Bible text within 4-5 pieces of A4 paper for the next period (9 months to a year)
7) The first correction of English grammar and writing of the prepared sermon
- At 11-12 am Mondays each week in Cross Mission church, led by Rev. James Lee & ILHO Choi
8) Attending Senior Pastor’s Conference in Proclamation Trust
- An opportunity to learn expository preaching.
- Practicing sermons on the given texts,
- Receiving attendants’ advice on the topic, structure, contents, attitude of the sermons
9) Opportunity to preach in the various churches in UK
- After two years’ training, we will arrange them to preach in churches in order to proclaim the gospel.
Homework for each week
- Reading the Bible text aloud as many times as possible (about 3-5 times a day)
- Listening to Mark’s Gospel and sermons preached by Paul Washer, George Whitefield, and Charles Spurgeon daily and summarize each sermon with main points for each week.
- Preparing for a 5-minutes sermon from the text given by Rev Carl Bicknell by Monday, being English checked and reading aloud the sermon script as many as possible daily for the next class.
|Date||5 Minutes Talk||Listening||Reading|
|10th May||Introduction about yourself||
Mark’s Gospel read by David Suchet uploaded on Youtube by St Paul’s London once a day for the first two weeks
|17th May||Overview of Mark’s Gospel||Mark 2|
|24th May||Mark 1:12-15||
Mark’s Gospel ready by David Suchet uploaded on Youtube by Solilska once a day for the third and fourth weeks
|31st May||Mark 1:21-28||Mark 4|
|7th June||Mark 1:40-45||Paul Washer – “Shocking Message” on Youtube
Listen to the sermon everyday and summarize the sermon with main points and bring it in the next class.
|Mark 2:1-12||Charles Spurgeon Sermon – Heaven and Hell on Youtube||Mark 6|
|21st June||Mark 2:13-17||Do you really know Him? Do you really know Jesus Christ? Charles Spurgeon on Youtube||Mark 7-8|
|28th June||Mark 2:18-22||Paul Washer Do you truly know the Lord? Powerful Sermon on Youtube||Mark 9-10|
|5th July||Mark 3:1-6||Paul Washer – Do you see God working on your life? on Youtube||Mark 11-12|
|Mark 3:7-21||Marks of a true Conversion – George Whitefield Sermon on Youtube||Mark 13-14|